Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A New Beginning: Week One

I have not made a new year's resolution to loose weight. I don't like dieting. But my blood pressure and my stress levels are high. I do like exercise, though. I have been living apart from my soon to be ex for 2 years and my mother (meddling and hypercritical as mothers can be sometimes) has insisted on spending money on my weight loss. She wanted to enroll me in Jenny Craig. I talked her into paying my start up costs for a family YMCA membership instead. I have promised her that I will lose 30 pounds in 30 weeks. I am 5'2" and weigh 198-202 pounds depending on when and which scale I step on. So in 30 weeks I plan to weigh 168-172 pounds depending on when and which scale I step on.

I hope this blog will help keep me motivated. I will list what I eat, and what and how much exercise I've done. I may even share a bit of my day; my frustrations, and triumphs.

No comments:

Post a Comment