Thursday and Friday were work days, twelve hour shifts in the ER. Thursday was ok because the other dieters were working. So less extra food had been stashed in the break area. Friday however was a different story. The eaters were there. They funny thing is that each day I worked with someone who had had a gastric procedure. Thursday a clerk who has had a gastric banding. She only watches carbohydrates. She brought liverwurst to share (and I will never, ever eat liverwurst). She also brought summer sausage which she sliced up to share.
Friday’s nurse has had a gastric bypass, she has gone from huge to tiny yet eats constantly, in large amounts. The overlapping shift were the real saboteurs however. First, My own sister shows up with a huge sack of Bugles, a jar of malted milk balls and peanut butter with celery. Then someone remembers that this is the last day for one of our coworkers and sends out for a cake! Help! How can anyone eat less in this atmosphere of indulgence!
I went to lunch with our clerk, a big girl herself, and she suggested going back for the brownies in the cafeteria. I said, “But I’m on a diet.” She replied, “Yeah right, a see-food diet just like I am. ” (Maybe she’s right.) I have, however tried to keep track of everything, and I mean everything I have eaten. Mom thinks I should weigh myself daily. I refuse. I will only record my weight once a week on Wednesdays. That gives me four more days to lose this first stubborn pound. Wish me luck!
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment